1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug in MechAssault

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Frederick, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

I recently tried to play some XBlive with MechAssault, but when a game started to load, I got kicked out of the game (with no error message) back to the opening screen. I noticed this happened with the "new" downloaded maps, so I deleted them, and re-downloaded them. Still had the problem. So thinking it might be a Live thing, I played Grinder instead. Same problem. Then I deleted the content again, my Live updater downloads, my profiles, etc... and it still happened with "coluseum" map. Weird.

I couldn't find ANY forum info on this problem, and technical support didn't have a clue. So I went to my last resort - I deleted my saved game (I beat MechAssault single player months ago awarding the Ragnorok mech). Well after I deleted my saved game, everything worked fine. Has anyone experienced this?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, it's been reported with plenty of other titles. The files that get put on the HD got corrupted and needed to be reinstalled

3. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I think I remember reading that it could be a router issue? I'm trying to dig up the article I read dealing with that issue... If I find it, I'll post it.