1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Designated Survivor (ABC>Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Last night I saw that space was getting low on my DVR. I transferred some shows to an external drive, but I decided to take your advice and deleted all of season 2 of Designated Survivor.

holtge and DaveF like this.
  2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Neil, how do you transfer shows to an external hard drive. I’ve already using an esata HD on my DTV receiver. How would I copy shows from it to another drive?

Mike Frezon likes this.
  3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Kal Penn is attached to a new show that Mike Schur is producing for NBC.

http://www.thewrap.com/nbc-developing-comedy-starring-kal-penn-from-the-good-places-mike-schur/

Did he get written off Designated Survivor at some point? He was pretty significant in the episodes I watched. If he was still in it last year, the new series, if picked up, might prevent him from returning. It would be interesting to know if Netflix in fact made deals with the entire core cast or if the new showrunner is going to change up the ensemble a bit. Obviously Keifer has to be there since he's the title character and first on the call sheet, but it would not surprise me if some of the supporting cast members made new deals for other things like this during the time between its ABC cancellation and Netflix pickup.

4. NeilO

NeilO Producer

I have a Dish Network Hopper. They reformat the external hard drive and have an internal utility for transferring shows. The only complication (at least at the time I first connected) is that the external hard drive can only be 2 TB. Luckily, I had one I had been using as backup and so got a new larger one I transferred my PC data to and used the old backup.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  5. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
  6. holtge

holtge Second Unit

Gordon Holt
    Interesting. The article says that Anthony Edwards of ER fame will be playing the president's Chief of Staff. Wasn't that the same role that Italia Ricci was playing? I wondered if maybe that meant that she wasn't coming back. But according to the article:
    What does that mean for her character, I wonder...

7. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David