1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones - Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by SamT, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I imagine the WW dragon will kill one of his brothers and be killed by the other.

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Why can't we have both? :D

3. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

I think that the white walker dragon will be killed when the Night King is killed.

DavidMiller and Sam Favate like this.
  4. DavidMiller

DavidMiller Screenwriter
    Supporter

David Miller
    Riding on the dragon is going to be a little harder to kill him... I haven't seen any Javen throwers on the human side. :)

5. Wayne_j

Wayne_j Cinematographer

Wayne
    Clarification on the Sansa/Arya storyline from the guy who plays Bran.

""We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran's door and says, 'I need your help,' or something along those lines," Hempstead-Wright told Variety. "So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she's like, 'Oh, s---.'""

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-isaac-hempstead-wright-sansa-littlefinger/

Brett_B likes this.
  6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I still think that her going to Bran was based on Littlefinger making the fatal mistake in suggesting Arya wanted to kill Sansa because Arya wanted to be the Lady of Winterfell. Sansa knew that would never be her sister's objective.

Brett_B likes this.
  7. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
    Now we have to wait 2 years?!

8. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    Dragonglass arrowheads. Just sayin'....

DavidMiller likes this.
  9. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    He can be killed by whatever means the writers come up with. Just hope it's worth the ride.

10. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Was there an announcement? Speculation has been late 2018-early 2019 for the final six.

TravisR likes this.
  11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Honestly, it's something of a miracle that this show has, until this season, been able to basically keep an annual schedule. No one likes to wait but given the scale of the production, I can't begrudge them for taking 18 months instead of 12.

Adam Lenhardt and Carabimero like this.
  12. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    Although I liked season seven because of the convergence of the characters, the plotting seems more simplistic. For example, more than once, characters are saved from death by falling into water, seemingly to die, only to crawl out unscathed or simply appear unscathed in another scene later on. The dialogue is not as indirect and thematic. And there aren't the heart-wrenching reversals of fate (Ned's death, the Red Wedding, etc.). I like the fast moving plot points, but it's clear to me that the days of depth and subtlety are over, and much of the complexity of past seasons appears to have disappeared with them.

BobO'Link likes this.
  13. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Somewhat surprised that someone as savvy as Littlefinger would not have immediately left Winterfell when Bran echoed his own words back at him; "Chaos is a ladder". He certainly seemed taken aback after that recitation. Perhaps he was so smitten with Sansa or his hubris prevented him from seeing the danger that Bran represented.

- Walter.

14. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Walter,

Are you okay down there in Texas?

15. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

There was a bunch of rain, but I got through it unscathed - at least so far. Only had a couple of very brief power outages. I haven't ventured out on the roads as of yet but may do so tomorrow (in search of groceries.) Actually had some sun today (here on the SW side of Houston.) Somewhat novel after the last week. I posted over in Testy Area 51 about the lightning on Saturday evening as a major rain band passed over my location and moved East. The entire sky was lit up with an unrelenting series of multiple flashes all occurring in the span of less than a second and then repeating over and over. Truly awe inspiring.

Anyway, doing fine so far.

- Walter.

16. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

benbess and Sean Bryan like this.
  17. Robert Crawford

Robert
    I thought you lived in the Houston area so I guess the SW side of Houston is doing a lot better than the rest of the Houston area.

18. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

I'm not *that* far away. :) I live about three miles from the Harris County line. I just happen to be in a location that has good drainage and the water did not accumulate. There are areas further from the city than mine that were under mandatory evacuation due to concerns over rising bayous and rivers and the possibility of levee breaches. The entire area is a mess, I just am lucky to be in a spot that handled the 9 trillion gallons of rain water dumped by Harvey. Well, not the entire 9 trillion, just our share.

- Walter.

Dheiner likes this.
  19. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
  20. Message #340 of 342 Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Hey Guys!

Thought I would add my two cents at the end of this thread.

Never was a GAME OF THRONES watcher. Heard about it over the years. Was urged to watch it by friends. I kept declining the invitations because quite frankly, I am not into medieval stories. That kind of stuff has always bored me.

About 4 months ago the GAME OF THRONES boxed set became an Amazon Gold Box Deal for just under $80. On a whim, I decided to buy it. At that point, I had never thought I would actually watch it. You have to understand, I would have to commit myself to 7 seasons of TV viewing just to get to where all of you are now.

Two weeks ago, knowing a vacation at home was forthcoming, I started to watch.

For the past two weeks afterward, up until this very morning, I binge-watched 67 episodes of GAME OF THRONES. On some days, I watched an entire season in a single day.

Oh, I was hooked from the start. This show knows how to grab and hold your attention. I have never seen anything as brutal as this show when it comes to how much it cares about keeping its most beloved characters. At the same time, I have never seen storytelling as perfectly executed as it has been done here. In all 67 episodes, there isn't one that I can call lackluster or a "filler" for others. There isn't a single season that can be described as less than perfect. When you think you have watched the best season of the series, the next one seems to outdo the previous in most cases.

Watching these shows as I have has been a gut-wrenching emotional experience. You really get invested in the characters and the story. You share the pain and triumphs. There were so many moments my mouth has gaped wide-open while I looked at the screen and thought, "WTF" to what was happening before me. This show takes no prisoners (though in reality, it does). The show is not looking for happy endings, and I am thankful for that. It keeps you constantly on guard that someone you deeply care about may be gone at any moment,

I have never enjoyed a series as much as GAME OF THRONES. It has been a rollercoaster ride filled with lies, deceit, and murder. It has kept me on the edge of my seat from the getgo. The production value has had me awe-struck. I feel as if I am watching a theatrical movie every night. The battle scenes are better than anything I have seen in a theatrical film. One really gets drawn into battle from their sitting chair.

I could go on and on about how much this show has affected me -- but it has affected all of you in the same way, I am certain. This is absolutely the best television series I have ever watched.

I am just happy that I am now with you all, waiting for the summer of 2019 when the final six episodes will air. It will be nice to watch and discuss them with you.

PS: I have read many of the conversations in this and other GOT season threads. Seems like those most disappointed are those who read the books. Nothing ever lives up to books and the imaginations they inspire. While I would have loved to have read those books, I am glad I didn't. It would have ruined this show for me.