1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time October 2018 Release Announcements

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these October Announcements. Enjoy!
    If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.

SWORD OF SHERWOOD FOREST (1960) BLU-RAY - October 16th

THE ADVENTURES OF HAJJI BABA (1954) BLU-RAY - October 16th

BLACK WIDOW (1954) BLU-RAY - October 16th

SHORT NIGHT OF THE GLASS DOLLS (1971) BLU-RAY - October 16th

B-ROLL and PMF like this.
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Great news about "Black Widow". I never cared for Sword of Sherwood Forest or The Adventures of Hajji Baba. With that said, I haven't view either film since I was a kid so perhaps my opinion could change about them. Frankly, I never heard of the fourth title.

DavidJ likes this.
  3. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I’ve never seen Black Widow, but based on that cast I’m in.

Peter Yee and PMF like this.
  4. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    The Adventures Of Hajji Baba is a silly and feeble film, but as I'm an Elaine Stewart fan, I'm buying! I'll also go for Black Widow which I have on a pretty good DVD.

5. Thomas T

Thomas T Producer

Three out of four for me. I'm especially stoked on Adventures Of Hajji Baba, a childhood favorite. Short Night Of Glass Dolls is a superior giallo and Black Widow is a nifty murder mystery among the glamour set a la Laura..

PMF likes this.
  6. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Twilight Time is bringing out some really obscure stuff. Once again these are four titles that I'm completely unfamiliar with. I might have to go for Black Widow and Adventures of Hajji Baba simply because of my interest in CinemaScope 2.55:1 with stereophonic sound.

7. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Yes, Black Widow is a very enjoyable murder mystery among the Broadway show elite reminiscent of Laura and All About Eve and featuring wonderful CinemaScope and stereo sound.

PMF, Jimbo64 and Bernard McNair like this.
  8. Message #8 of 60 Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    lionel59

lionel59 Supporting Actor

Michael Robert Lionel Evans
    BLACK WIDOW is also interesting for the short-lived adult screen career of child star Peggy Ann Garner. She worked on Broadway and TV (eg. she was a villain in BATMAN) and sadly passed away at a young age. She was married to Albert Salmi (THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV, Captain Tucker in Lost In Space), who had an even sadder demise killing his (second) wife and then himself. WIDOW is not in the same league as LAURA or ALL ABOUT EVE screenplay-wise, but is nonetheless very entertaining. Most will guess the identity of the killer before it is revealed.
    HAAJI BABA was restored a few years ago, as was THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE, which needs a correct aspect ratio release after the dismal Archive transfer in 4:3. It is a fun Scope adventure with racy elements which somehow got by the Production Code personnel. The title song by Nat King Cole is guaranteed to stay on one's brain for days after viewing the film, which is a good or bad thing depending on one's personal taste, PRINCE OF PLAYERS has been shown in HD in Scope and stereo- how much longer must we wait for this Philip Dunne gem? Another Dunne title which is excellent and sadly underrated / neglected is THE VIEW FROM POMPEY'S HEAD, with a terrific Elmer Bernstein score, released a while ago by FSM.

Ethan Riley likes this.
  9. Jimbo64

Jimbo64 Supporting Actor

Jim Potter
    Hajji Baba and Black Widow for me!

10. commander richardson

commander richardson Stunt Coordinator

martyn

Sword of Sherwood Forest was recently shown on UK TV in HD ....the film was not that good with Richard Greene looking far too old and Maid Marion was simply awful.

The Adventures of HB.......never seen this

Black Widow is a colourful Film Noir which is good but not one you may watch a 2nd time unless you are a Film Noir fan like me.

Short Night etc..........never seen this one.

11. TheSteig

TheSteig Screenwriter

David
    Black Widow is a great one, I just rewatched it in the past week.. I need to watch more DVDs as whenever I do,it gets a blu ray announcement short thereafter..
    Well sometimes anyway :)
    I need to revisit Short Night of the Glass Dolls, the others I am unfamiliar with..

12. battlebeast

battlebeast Cinematographer

Warren
    Nothing again...

Rod J likes this.
  13. Message #13 of 60 Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    PMF

PMF Producer

Philip
    ...which creates the opportunity to catch up on their earlier titles not yet owned.:)

As for me, I'll always jump at any Nunnally Johnson effort.:thumbs-up-smiley:

battlebeast likes this.
  14. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Stunt Coordinator

RICK
    I am a Hammer Films fan and collector. But I was hoping Indicator would release Sword of Sherwood with 3 other Hammer adventure titles In a box set. Hammer Films Vol. 4 or Vol. 5 maybe. Twilight Time charges $32.00 + just for 1 movie ! ?? Last year I bought Hammer's The Pirates of Blood River from them.

15. plektret

plektret Agent

David
    Another month with no Marilyn Monroe:(

16. Jimbo64

Jimbo64 Supporting Actor

Jim Potter
    $29.95 plus s/h

17. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Black Widow for sure! That one is awesome! Used to own the DVD. BLU is a must own.

Short Night of Glass Dolls a surprising choice for TT. Curious if any extas will be on disc. But if TT wants a great commentary track they should reach out to Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan of Diabolique magazine. They have many commentary tracks and they would do an awesome job.

18. Thomas T

Thomas T Producer

Lucky you! :) With this announcement, this makes 22 TT titles on my want list. I try and wait for their sales but I just might have to pay full price for Adventures Of Hajji Baba.

battlebeast likes this.
  19. battlebeast

battlebeast Cinematographer

Warren
    Actually, if there are titles for you in this announcement, I'm happy! I'm glad people can get what they like! :)

DavidJ likes this.
  20. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Screenwriter

Edmund Lachmann
    Look, I'm probably one of the only REALLY rabid widescreen historical adventure film loons around here, but let's face it, these two, Sherwood Forest and Hajji Baba, don't register on my "give 'em a try" list or on my "saw 'em on Saturday Night at the Movies" must have list. For God's sake, TT is sitting on stuff like The Story of Ruth, Barabbas, Michael Curtiz's Francis of Assisi and Raoul Walsh's Esther and the King. I want to give it the old school boy try and drop $30 on titles in the genre I adore, but I'm conflicted. I bought the Blood River pirate movie, it was okay and seemingly about the caliber of these two. I'm pre-ordering Genghis Khan, which I'm genuinely excited about and one title I'd pay damned near anything to get. Just wish the A List titles I've loved forever even had a chance. Maybe they never will,

skylark68 likes this.