1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash - season 5 (The CW)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 21, 2018.

1. NeilO

NeilO Producer

The strange thing about them saying that Barry's mother dying being such an important event is that the whole show is in an alternate timeline because she didn't originally die and the accelerator explosion happened 10 years earlier than scheduled. I wonder if we are ever going to see that other Earth?

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

That ending scene with the new vaguely French Canadian Wells and Nora has me thinking that maybe Nora and Iris in the future aren't actually estranged, but rather co-conspirators to change the timeline, and perhaps Nora's avoiding her mom because she's afraid she'll find out.

3. NeilO

NeilO Producer

I wouldn't be surprised. There are a lot of complications when meddling with the past. Barry is safer since he is not in Nora's present - she can consider any interactions with him safe.

holtge likes this.
  4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Well, now we know why Nora is so nasty to Iris all of the time. It was nice to see Barry finally stick up for Iris, though.

"The Flash" doesn't do journalism particularly well, but it still does it a lot better than "Supergirl" does.

I like Ralph the moderately competent P.I. a lot better than Ralph the letch or Ralph the tiresome comic relief.

I love that there's a random yellow metal pole in the middle of Cicada's living room to conveniently portray his newly developed superstrength.

DavidJ likes this.
  5. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Ralph was really good in this episode.

When Cicada was squeezing the pole I was thinking, "I hope that isn't load bearing."

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

DavidJ likes this.
  7. holtge

holtge Supporting Actor

Gordon Holt
  8. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    I'd noticed that his role seemed to be getting reduced, even at the end of season 4. I was wondering if they thought they had progressed past the point of needing a mentor figure.

9. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

With Cisco off this episode I wonder if all the characters will be taking episodes off, except Barry of course. Could be budgetary or maybe Carlos Valdes needed time off. Was this the first episode he was written out of, excluding crossovers?

10. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Looks like this was the first episode he missed. He's actually been in all of the Flash crossover episodes, although he has sat out a few of the crossover episodes from other series.

11. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Now we know why Caitlin's powers have operated differently than all of the other metas: because she's a science experiment, not a regular meta. It's still iffy that ice powers would create multiple personalities, but at least it's an explanation.

They get better with the Killer Frost hair and makeup with each new iteration. The effect is a lot more subtle now, which in turn sells it better.

Sherloque Wells is starting to wear a bit thin at this point. Enjoyed the Iris/Nora mother daughter bonding in spite of that.

The height difference between Ralph and Cecile is... significant.

holtge and DavidJ like this.
  12. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    It’s probably been discussed earlier in this thread, but I’m having a hard time getting past Barry’s ugly new suit. It’s just so bad. What were they thinking?

I suppose the body of the suit is fine, but the helmet/cowl is terrible. The top of his head is way too big compared to the bottom. He looks like he has a caveman forehead and an alien back/top of the head. It’s way unbalanced and top heavy compared to his chin.

They need to bring back the chin strap which would balance out his head (which is why it was there in the first place) or they need to make the top part much thinner.

I thought it was bad when I saw pictures of it before the season started, but hoped it might look better in live action. It doesn’t. I hoped I’d get used to it as the season progressed. I haven’t. And it keeps pulling me out of the episodes.

It’s been bugging me, so I just wanted to finally vent about it.

13. ponset

ponset Second Unit

scott
    The 100th episode directed by Tom Cavanagh was a nice look back about events from seasons past.
    Interesting ending teaser.

holtge likes this.
  14. holtge

holtge Supporting Actor

Gordon Holt
    Agreed. It was fun going back to so many important moments from the show's past. Quite a shocker of an ending though.

What the heck is up with Nora sending messages to and conversing with Reverse Flash in the future? Is she trying to save Barry from that 2024 headline or something?